Dec 7, 2008

Leah & Chris : Wedding {Themed}

Leah & Chris' wedding was the first ever themed wedding I had ever been to. It was so much fun! They started off the day completely traditional, had their ceremony at Mission Inn, her in a white dress, him in his military blues. The day was beautiful, clear skies, gorgeous sunset. Everything was perfect. But after the ceremony was over, I was asked to go photograph the ballroom before the guest arrived. I had no idea what I was about to see. They didn't even tell me about it! The entire ballroom was "The Nightmare Before Christmas" themed: Chris & Leah's favorite movie. All of the center pieces were made by them, and each was from a different scene from the movie. They had the movie playing on projector during the reception, and their cake was incredible. I can't even tell you about it, just see the photos below. Julie, from Cut the Cake Inc. designed and made their cake - she is awesome.

But no Halloween themed wedding would be complete without costumes and Thriller. That's right. Costumes. After their first dance, the couple disappeared for a bit, and came back announced as Jack & Sally. They were absolutely adorable. The rest of the night they danced and had a blast, and the room couldn't have been more perfect. Bryan Taylor of Complete Media Group DJ'ed the night and also had professionally lit the room. Seriously, there is nothing better. It made their photos awesome! All of the walls were lit, and would change colors throughout the evening. Perfect for a Halloween wedding. And I can't forget, the whole thing was put on by the awesome ladies at An Affair to Remember.

As an added bonus, I made a collage of all of their goofy faces. Seriously, this couple was hilarious. They made faces at me all day. Even during their ceremony! Some of their guests got into it too! I had such an amazing time, thank you Chris & Leah for letting me be a part of your one of a kind wedding.







She was absolutely stunning

The light was so incredible! Fave shot of the day


Jack & Sally Pumpkin!

The most awesome cake ever. Exact replica of Jack's house from the movie.
Complete with Jack & Sally toppers!

Costumes!!

Thriller - no Halloween wedding would be complete without it!


My favorite goofy image of the day.
Geez... guess I was taking too many photos ;)

Their goofy faces. There were many more, but these were my faves
(click to see me large!)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ashley-I really like the collage of their goofy faces, you've truly captured their personalities!! All your work is wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww...thank you so much!!!! All of the pictures came out so amazing! You did such a great job and we enjoyed having you there. We are so happy you had fun and we can't wait to call you in the future for all of our photography needs :)